As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
So you’re looking to get a drone, but don’t know exactly what you’re looking for in the vast sea of drones that are available. Don’t worry! This is to be expected considering the number of options that are at the tip of your fingertips the moment you type in “Drone” into the search bar. To make your life a little bit easier, we’ll be reviewing a few drones in the Proper Spyder series. Don’t worry, we got you. You might have heard of the Propel Spyder Drone series whether through friends, and family or just from strangers online, and there is a reason for that.
Propel Spyder Drones are known to be durable, and reliable drone s that can be used for a variety of things. This ranges from using the drone s to take breathtaking pictures of your surrounding landscape, to simply flying the drone around your backyard hoping it doesn’t get stuck in a tree. Whatever your desires may be, the Propel Spyder Drones have a drone for you.
In this Propel Spyder drone review we will focus on getting you information on different models within the Propel Spyder Drone series, so that not only can you become more familiar with the brand, but also familiar with the pros and cons of every model. If anything, at least you can join the conversation on drone s with your new-found basic drone knowledge. Sound like a win to us!
–This is the cheapest place to get it from, if interested.
Propel Spyder XL Drone
- HD Camera (720p resolution)
- Altitude Lock Button
- 6 axis gyro
- Stunt roll button
- Remote 2.4 GHz
- Control range 500ft
- Flight Time 8-10 minutes
- Dimensions 19″x19″x4″4
- 500ft operational range
- Beginner blades
- The Propel Spyder XL Drone can be used for both leisure, and professional uses. For those interested in using the drone for photographic purposes, the 720p resolution camera, altitude lock button, and the 500ft control range can make for some truly breathtaking pictures. If leisure use is more of your thing, Then the stunt roll buttons, and flight time can make for a very fun laid back experience where you can watch your drone do some cool tricks.
- The availability of a blade system for beginners, it allows for new drone users to get used to the controls before they proceed to get into more high performance flights.
- Depending on your intended use of the drone , a potential problem could be the drone s lack of First person view (FPV). Some drone s users like to use FPV to get certain types of pictures so if photography is your focus, this might not be the drone for you.
- Another issue some people find with this drone is the noise of the motors. If you want a quiet drone that is not very intruding on your surroundings, this drone could be problematic.
- Practice can be needed to get the camera angles right on the drone itself, but with practice you should be able to get the hang of it.
- 6 axis gyro
- Beginner flight mode and
- 3-speed settings
- LED directional lights
- 200ft operational range
- 360 Degree aerial stunts potential
- Dimensions: 13.1″x6.8″x3.4″
- This drone is great for people who are new to drones. The LED lights can help you keep an eye on your drone while you’re flying it around, and has to potential to be driven at night which sounds fun honestly.
- The 360 stunt potential and 200ft operational range can make for some interesting tricks, and when combined with the LED lights, it could look very cool.
- Some issues with this drone are that there are no lights indicating when the drone is charging, and this has led to some worry/confusion on whether the drone is in working conditions.
- Another big issue with this drone is that it does not have a removable battery, which means that when the battery gives, the drone is practically useless. This also means that you have to charge the drone itself every time you want to fly it.
Propel Spyder X Palm-Sized High-Performance Stunt Drone
- 6 axis gyroscopic chip
- 3-speed settings
- Dimensions: 5.75″x5.75″x1.5″
- 300ft operational control
- 7-10 minute flight time
- This small drone is a lightweight alternative to other drone s that may be bulkier in nature. Easy to store, easy to carry, and could make a good gift for a young teenager/pre-teen.
- Allows for stunts to be done, with varying speeds, and up to 300ft of wiggle room.
- Due to its small nature, this drone may not be able to handle crashes or rough flying as well as other drones could, because of this more caution may be required when operating this drone.
- This drone may not be the best drone to fly in very windy or raining conditions.
You made it! If everything went well, you should know a bit more about drones, and what you’re looking for now that you’ve read through this review. Drones can be fun tools, toys depending on what you’re planning to use it for, so knowing what kind of drone s can be used for what is very helpful.
Regardless of what drone was more interesting to your specific needs (if you even know what they are yet), you’re bound to find something in the Propel Spyder Drone series that will work for you. If you want to take pictures with it, play around with cool LED-lit stunt tricks, or just fly it around hoping it doesn’t crash into a window, these drone s can help you out.
It can also make a great gift for a preteen child if you have one, considering young teens tend to love these cool electronic toys. And the best part is, they aren’t as costly as other drone s that offer around the same thing for a ridiculous price. For something that you might very well destroy within the first week of having it, these drone options will at least keep your pockets safe.
Cost-conscious, cool-looking, and practical. What more could you ask for from a drone?
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.